As well as being tasty, turkey meat can be a healthy source of protein with a number of nutritional benefits:
Six reasons to eat turkey
- Low in fat: Turkey meat is generally low in fat, particularly saturated fat, which makes it a good choice for those looking to manage their cholesterol levels or maintain a healthy weight.
- High in protein: Turkey meat is an excellent source of protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscles, tissues, and cells.
- Rich in vitamins and minerals: Turkey meat is a good source of a range of vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, potassium, and B vitamins.
- Low in calories: Turkey meat is relatively low in calories, which makes it a great choice for those looking to manage their calorie intake.
- Helps to build immunity: Turkey meat contains selenium, which helps to boost the immune system and prevent damage to cells and tissues.
- Reduces stress: Turkey meat contains tryptophan, an amino acid that helps to produce serotonin, which can help to reduce stress and improve mood.
The nutritional value of turkey meat can vary depending on how it’s prepared and which part of the turkey is consumed. For example, skinless turkey breast is a leaner option than dark meat. We hope you liked our six reasons to eat turkey post, but as we are not qualified doctors or nutritionists, we would say, as with everything health-related, do check with your doctor about your own health conditions before embarking on any major changes.
Our turkeys are reared on our very own Cheverton Farm and the meat is processed on the farm at the Isle of Wight meat company.
You can order online for local delivery or pop in for a chat and collect it in person.
You can order your turkey here: